Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler
12 – 14
- 1 lg. can sliced peaches
- 1 pkg. white or yellow cake mix
- 1/4 lb. butter (1 stick)
- ground cinnamon, for dusting
- Rub the inside of the Dutch oven with cooking oil.
- Place 8 pieces of charcoal under the oven and 20 pieces on top.
- When the oven is hot, pour peaches and juice into the oven.
- Add the dry cake mix on top of the peaches.
- Cut the butter into pats (small chunks) and place on top of the cake mix.
- Dust everything with cinnamon (lightly).
- Put the lid back on the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Check cake with a clean straw or knife. Do this by sticking the straw into the cake mix. If the straw comes out clean, the cake is done. If not, add charcoal to the oven and bake 10 more minutes. Check again.
Cooks Note: A double batch can be baked in a 14 inch Dutch oven. 2
cans of peaches makes a juicier cobbler.